Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Spark people... birthdays....

Well, in the last week, I've learned a lot about nutrition and nutritional content of foods... thanks to Shanny, I joined a website called Sparkpeople, which is a pretty useful site for tracking your daily food intake along with fitness, etc. I still don't understand why a Coke has as many calories as orange juice, but is "bad" for you, but it certainly has been good information to know in general.

My nutrition plan is as follows (amounts per day):

Calories 1920 - 2270
Protein 48-199g
Fat 43-88g
Carbs 216-369g
Plus 8 glasses of water per day

So far I'm pretty much on track... slightly over on the weekends, slightly under on the weekdays, so on balance, I'm on track with the plan... at least for the first week. I haven't eaten unusually yet when it comes to breakfast/lunch/dinner, but this plan has certainly helped me with my snacking choices. Quaker Crispy minis are actually not a bad snack.

So, anyways, so far a thumbs up to Sparkpeople...

Happy Birthday to Shazia and Doug today!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home