Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ranting...

I’m freakin’ pissed.

I’ve been involved in one of the programs at the Firm for quite a few years. I’ve been to every meeting, dedicated around 400 hours per year for the last 5+ years to this, including weeknights and weekends, and am one of the heads and architects of the program.

This year, we hired in a new manager to help with the operations of the program, and after just two months in her role, she has the nerve to go above my head to a partner to question my dedication to the program, without even coming to talk to me first. Why? Because, I have a conflict with a weekend session, so I can’t make it – for the first time in 5+ years.

I am pissed at this manager, for stepping across the line, and not being professional, and questioning my dedication and integrity. I am pissed at the partner, for having the nerve to even question my dedication given the amount of time and effort I’ve put into this program, particularly given the relationship I thought we’d built as I have helped to assimilate him into his role (he’s relatively new to this program too). I am pissed at myself for putting so much time and effort into this thing without any of it being appreciated.

Guess who’s done helping. This is why it's not worth it to try sometimes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home