Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday dronings...

Well I've been up since 4am this morning and going on just 3.5 hours of sleep... so naturally I'm a little irritable... anyways, a few points today (sorry if they are even more incoherent than normal!)...

- Happy Birthday Mom!

- Rumours abound that Portland is chatting with the Raps about swapping the #1 pick for the #4 pick. Unfortunately, Portland has nobody on their roster that "should" interest the Raps, other than the tough Brian Skinner or a sign & trade for Joel Pryzabella. I'm not a big fan of Joel though, so I'm hoping they don't sign that guy. Injury-prone... the other names mentioned (Jarrett Jack, Steve Blake) make no sense, since neither is even as good as Calderon, so they don't benefit us much. I think Colangelo is smarter than that.

- I hate it when great weekends are ruined by one argument at the end of it all... and about work of all things... ugh...

- Happy Birthday Nick!

- Bryan Colangelo unloaded Rafael Araujo last week, which was a great move for all involved. Hoffa needed a change in scenary. In return, we got a guy who can do "some things", per Colangelo, in Kris Humphreys... the other guy, Robert Whaley, is expected to get waived... This deal doesn't do much, other than to unload some salary (about $600K differential)... Humphreys is unlikely to do much, although he was heralded as a freshman in college. Most likely, he's just another body off the bench, but a cheaper one than Hoffa. Whaley does not have a guaranteed contract, so has no salary counting against the cap. Initial Rating of trade: 9/10. I don't think you could do much else with Hoffa other than trade him for someone else with an even lower guaranteed contract... but I don't think anyone else would have done the trade.

- Anyone know what to do in Vienna?? Would love suggestions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home