Tuesday, August 15, 2006

DVD Review: The Island

Wow. What a pleasant surprise this one was! I was expecting nothing from this Michael Bay vehicle, but I got right into this one from the start. Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson star in this one, as people in a strange complex, where they believe they are survivors of a contamination. People are basically served and raised in this complex until they win the lottery to go to The Island, which is advertised as a Garden of Eden. Things change drastically soon after, as Ewan’s character finds out the truth. This movie reminded me of the Truman Show… a movie that is so much better when you haven’t heard anything about it, and when you don’t know what the real premise is. Lots of intrigue, action and a bunch of science fiction makes this one into a great movie. The drawback is Michael Bay’s over-use of his panaromic and overdramatic scenes… still, I really enjoyed this movie… highly recommend it! (8.5/10).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home