Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday...

Random notes:
- If you need to renew your driver's license, go to the North York MTO office... wow! I was in and out in under a minute... including getting a photo!... Who knew the government could be so efficient? Really beats the superlong line at Square 1!
- In a study by Men's Health Magazine, the number 1 place where Americans would live if they could live elsewhere? Canada... by a lot
- Congrats to Schmassion's Sis, a.k.a. K on the engagement!
- I started my new diet a day early, so I'm officially on day 3... so far so good... although it was tough going to a japanese restaurant yesterday and not having tempura, and limiting the sushi... i'm really going to start looking forward to eating on the weekends!...
- Springrolls is opening up at Sheppard Centre in the Fall... at least it'll be in walking distance now...
- First on-line poker tourney went alright... i was doing ok, but had to leave for dinner when there were 80 or so ppl left, so I had to put it on auto-fold... basically the computer would enter my blinds, and then fold for me every hand... somehow that got me to 13th out of 1083...
- Chris Bosh is out of the FIBA qualifying tournament with Planter Fascitis (sp?) in his left foot... that's really bad news... this thing has gotten worse and worse... given the seriousness of this type of injury, I'd be surprised if he plays more than 65 games this year... he might start off strong for a while, but I'm thinking that midseason we might see him go AWOL for a good stretch to rest up... most of the T.O. media seems to be ignoring this... probably so as to not tarnish the hopes of Raptor fans this year...
- Fantasy Baseball update... 3rd place after 19 weeks... I need two more good weeks to solidify a spot in the playoffs... made one trade: basically traded Curtis Granderson for John Lackey and Michael Cuddyer... I'm hoping to flip Cuddyer before the trade deadline, but his recent crappy play is making that difficult...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re "i'm really going to start looking forward to eating on the weekends!..." that's exactly the sort of thing that causes diets to fail hence the sustainable lifestyle change. Having said that, when do we get to go for bubble tea? :)

Another tip on government offices: go through the steps of getting your passport renewed early. When you get to the passport office, play dumb "oh I thought it expired this year" and get the greeter guy to give you a note that says you were early but all the paperwork is in order. I did that (doh) and when I went in to really get it renewed, I didn't even have time to sit down! In and out in under 3 minutes.

1:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home