Sunday, October 28, 2007

DVD Reviews: House Season 1, House Season 2

House Season 1
It took me a while to figure out if I liked this show or not… I knew that I like Dr. House’s character, but the rest of the show seemed so formulaic… someone contracts a bizarre illness, House and his team brainstorm, are usually wrong the first time around, they try something else, it works, and then it’s over. Very Law and Order-ish… no on-going story… no character development… but that changed a bit after the first dozen episodes when they finally started doing some character development… so first 12 episodes not so good… last half, better… House is a funny dude, although a little extreme… the writing seemed confusing at times, as House was very inconsistent in his treatment of certain cases and people… not a bad show, but definitely not the best thing out there… plus other than House, there was almost zero character development/background, etc… but I’m glad they got rid of that Chi McBride… I liked him better when he was the janitor on the John Larroquette Show (5/10).

House Season 2
Season 2 starts a little loopy with House’s ex-love joining the staff as the hospital lawyer… Cameron sleeps with Chase… Omar Epps becomes the boss for a while… but again, very little character development other than with House… two seasons and you know almost NOTHING about Chase or Foreman… overall, a little crazier, House is funnier at times and harder and harder to like at others… oh, and he gets shot. Definitely still formulaic, but at least they started working on the characters… Disappointed that Cameron is so weak after getting screwed over by Foreman… (5/10).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home