Presentation faux-pas-s
The last two days I've been attending a Presentation Skills workshop run by a Company called Podium. It's been a very interesting workshop. I've attended quite a few of these presentation skills training sessions, as required, given the amount of teaching and facilitating I do, but this workshop really helped me focus on my problem areas... Generally nothing wrong with my actual speaking or presentation skills, but I do have specific habits I have. For example, I can't seem to stand still when I'm presenting... it's almost like I'm dancing (like Andy at Andy & Heather's wedding ceremony). My other problem is that I tend to use a lot of "filler" sometimes... the ums, the ers... Anyways, we worked on those areas extensively.
Anyways, long story short, I HIGHLY recommend Podium to anyone that is having public speaking issues... be it at work, teaching... pretty much anything... best training course I've probably ever taken! Thanks Wendy Chong!

3 Comments:
sounds interesting. How long and how much is the course?
2:11 PM
nothing wrong with dancing about when you're up there talking! Keeps things interesting! ;)
3:16 PM
hahaha... i'm like doing all my salsa moves...
hmmmmmmm... not sure how much the course is... i can find out though... it was a two day course though... GREAT course... if you're interested, contact Wendy Chong at wendy.chong@podiumconsulting.com
8:31 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home