Flood damage...
Last week, there was a crazy downpour which resulted in flooding damage to my condo... who knew the effects would last for five days and counting! Somehow during the rain storm, one of the pipes burst in our building resulting in some flooding on a few of the lower floors, but more importantly, a lot of water hitting the elevator shafts, which totally destroyed some of the elevator parts... since last Friday, we've been stuck with only one elevator working (out of four), which has caused incredibly long lineups, and a lot of walking up and down stairs... Anyways, I hope they fix the other elevators soon! I wanted to go to IKEA and buy some new furniture this week (since I'm off), but I can't if the elevators aren't working! Ugh.
it's been a very quiet couple days off so far... I got to spend a day with my mom, which was nice... and I've been watching a lot of the O.C. Season 2, which just came out on DVD... And I've been marking a lot of UFE papers for people too, which has made this more of a working vacation than anything else... oh well. anything to help, right?
Actually that brings up a question... when do you get to the point when you can say no? I've been doing this UFE stuff for a while now, and sometimes it feels like I get taken advantage of by many many different people. Many people suddenly become my best friend before the UFE, when they need help, and then after it's over, I hardly, if ever, hear from them again. Quite a sad phenomenon, really. But I do keep helping, because it's what I like to do... but still... is there a point where you can just refuse? I've tried to say no to a few people this year, but I still get inundated with many requests. ah well... I shouldn't complain. Good to help people and feel needed, even if it's only for a specific purpose. Friends for a reason, right? Only, i'm not sure what my reason is...
Sorry, a little boring blog today...

1 Comments:
Find a new hobby that'll take you away from home. Then when people ask, just say, "Sorry. Can't. I have a v-ball game, or a tennis game etc etc."
Work wonders what happens when you book yourself every single day of the week. People stop asking for things, and you get so incredibly tired, you don't have time to watch tv anymore... ;)
8:47 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home