Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sunny... sleepy...

From snow to bright sunshine... you can never predict the weather in T.O... it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood... and I'm too tired to enjoy it. I had one of those sleepless nights, where you're super-tired, but for whatever reason, you can't seem to fall asleep... ended up getting about 3.5 hours, which is enough for me to operate, but not for that long... although that reminds of about four years ago, when I actually managed to operate on an average of just 3 hours for almost six months! sigh, to be young again... I was able to do SO much during those six months, but unfortunately the lack of sleep catches up to you... by the end, I was so irritable, and short-tempered, it was pretty scary. I've never been able to go even remotely back to that. Nowadays, I need my 7-8 hours... anyways not much to write today, so I'll do a couple reviews...

Recent DVDs: Alias Season 4 was no where near as good as the first two seasons of Alias, but it was alright. The storylines have gotten weaker over time, the writing has gotten worse and the introduction of a few weak characters hurt (Nadia, for example, Sydney's sister)... Lots of odd plot gaffes... for example, it's amazing how easily and quickly somewhat can overcome lethal nuclear radiation poisoning... or the overuse of clones... or how unconcerned Weiss is when Nadia (his gf) gets turned into a zombie... overall, I still got somewhat excited watching every episode with the charaters I had grown to like a lot, but moreso hoping that something interesting would happen... unfortunately, nothing really does. (5/10).

National Treasure (1994) was Nicholas Cage's return to the action/adventure genre that made him popular (think The Rock, Con Air, Face Off)... it was actually not that bad... reminded me of a crappier/non-religious version of the Da Vinci Code... Basically Nic is a treasure hunter looking for the Knights Templar treasure... the clues are somehow buried in National Treasures like the Declaration of Independence. Some far-fetched plot points, and some bad story-telling early in the movie, and some pretty crappy characters (played by Harvey Keitel and Jon Voight), but this movie was at least entertaining. You get what you think you're going to get. Sean Bean (Faramir from Lord of the Rings) as the baddie is alright, but not that convincing. Definitely not realistic, but it was fun. It's worth a watch, but don't expect too much (6/10).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please forgive the technical nit picking. Wasn't National Treasure made in 2004, and not 1994? i could easily Google this to confirm it, but i'm asking you...

i hear you on the sleep issue. i remember when i could go on 4 and 5 hours without any trouble. Now that my third decade of life is closing, six hours is a minimum. i feel so old...i'm just waiting for back pain to kick in.

As for those beautiful days, find some way to enjoy them. Out here in the Wild West, ours end on Saturday - temperature's s'posed to drop from the mid-teens to zero, and a 70% chance of flurries. Sigh...winter draweth nigh....

BTW, good move on the word verfication. How long d'ya think it'll be before hackers figure out how to get past THAT in order to screw up people's blogs again?

8:51 PM

 
Blogger j said...

damn... i must've been really tired yesterday to put 1994... yup, definitely right... National treasure was 2004... I'm living in the wrong century...

as for the word verification... i didn't even realize you could do that until i actually looked at the options... i'm a dummy...

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home