Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Boxing Day

I always wondered what the origin of Boxing Day was... presumably it's the day you box up everything, and not the day when people fight with each other, but I dunno. I suppose it would just be a quick check on-line... but a little too lazy to do that right now...

Anyways, somehow, it's turned into the second biggest shopping day of the year - north of the border at least... This morning, I went out to Square One to tackle the crazed shoppers, and picked up a few things... nothing too exciting... a few DVDs, a couple picture frames, a belt... the fun thing I bought was this mini-tabletop-foosball game for a whopping $12... I want to try that out sometime soon...

The rest of the holidays has been spent with the family mostly... nothing too strenuous. Very much enjoyed sharing my first christmas with my gf... most interesting present? Well, that'd have to be a plaque from Woodlands (my high school)!... somehow they ended up cleaning out their storage lockers and found this plaque they were supposed to have given me 11 years ago when I graduated for having been an honour student for all my years there. They called my folk's house and my dad went and picked it up... my mom wrapped it up for me to open!

Well, anyways, hope everyone is having a great holidays... off to Buffalo/Niagara for the next couple days!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jay!

Happy Holidays :)

I was @ square 1 too on Boxing day, and I shopped for 6 hours :P

1:21 AM

 
Blogger j said...

6 hours??? wow... your poor credit card... must be worn out by now!! =)

10:55 AM

 
Blogger ib said...

PLAQUE FROM WOODLANDS? ELEVEN YEARS???? That's easily the funniest thing i've heard all break!!! Even though it's crazy that you didn't get it in the first place, i'm glad they had the class to send it to you - some places wouldn't even have bothered....

Glad you enjoyed your Christmas, and Boxing Day, and etc. ...i think i told you i'm in Calgary for the break. That's turning into a story...but we'll go over that L8R...

5:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home