An even worse day... what's your motivation?
Well, after only an hour of sleep last night, today is forecasting to be another bad day, but nothing compared to yesterday. What a horrible day.
Well, I'm starting to really wonder if it's worth it to try anymore. Trying only begets disappointment and failure. Not trying, on the other hand, can never lead to disappointment. Since you don’t try, you can’t ever say you gave it your best, so you always have that excuse. You have low expectations when you don’t try. Heck, why bother trying at all?
Heck, while we’re at it… replace the word “try” with “care”… that works too… it works with a lot of words actually…
Of course if you're not really trying or caring, what are you really doing? I dunno. Are you really living? Maybe you could replace the word "try" with"live" too. Ok, no no no, i'm not trying to get into a meaning of life rant, nor being morbid or anything...
Motivation is what drives us to do those things... whether it's faith, altruism, dreams, desires, reward, love, who knows what... if you're not motivated, then there's really nothing to push you to keep going. To push to move forward, get better, do things, etc.
I think that's probably where I'm really driving at. How do you keep trying or caring or whatever, if you've lost your motivation? The common cliche is to take it one day at a time... but why? What's going to change from one day to the next if you don't have the motivation any more? What will help you get through one day and the next other than father time?
Well, mine's gone right now, and I don't know if or when it's coming back... so how do you keep going?
I guess I have no choice but to take it one day at a time or just let father time take its course. What's the alternative?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home