Book Review: A Feast for Crows
George R.R. Martin fourth book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series continues off where Storm of Swords left off… that is, it continued on it’s very complicated and convoluted storyline and really at the end of it, got us no where… I was quite disappointed by this book and where it ended. The first two books in this series (A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings) are probably two of the best books I’ve ever read, but these last two have just fallen into the same trap as Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time… Too many characters doing too many things, so that you read the entire book and virtually nothing happens, despite the fact it’s over a thousand pages. I actually like it better than A Storm of Swords for the first while, but the ending pretty much made five hundred pages of the book redundant, and plus you don’t know what the heck happens to most of the primary characters you followed in the first three books. George is doing his best to kill off characters, but even still, he has to dedicate 50 pages at the back, just so you know who the heck the characters are. Too complicated, with nothing happening at the end of the day. There were a bunch of interesting storylines with a few people, but as with A Storm of Swords, the interesting characters end up dead. Oh well. I’ll still read the next one when it comes out. I enjoyed the first couple hundred pages, so I’ll give this one a (5/10).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home