Tuesday, November 06, 2007

DVD Reviews: Entourage Season 3 Part 2, Cars, Lady in the Water

Entourage Season 3 Part 2
HBO really tries to rip you off with these seasons… it’s actually quite annoying… how can you have a part of a season and then price it so that it costs as much as a full season? This was a whopping 8 episodes… come on!

Anyways, more Vinnie action, with a new agent, and pursuit of the dream movie… Johnny Drama gets a hit show, Ari Gold fights to get Vinnie back, and the gang moves yet again… Good episodes in general, but nothing spectacular… particularly given it was only 8 episodes… I liked the episode “Gotcha” though with Chuck Liddell and Leslie Bibb… (7/10).

Cars
Surprisingly cute animated film about a racecar (Owen Wilson) that gets stuck in the yokel-district on Route 66… I’m a little tired of hearing Owen’s voice, but besides that, it was a pretty good movie with some great voice talents, including Paul Newman as the Doc Hudson. Simple plot, as it should be for a pixar movie, but funny and with a good pace. Good rental (7/10).


Lady in the Water
M. Night Shyamalan’s 2006 effort was… well… huh? What the heck did I just watch? Paul Giamatti plays a building superintendent who finds a girl in the pool, and then has to protect her from some supernatural creature who is trying to prevent her from going back home… was it Pan’s Labrynth-ish? No… it was hard to explain really… they piece together that it’s really from a bed-time story… meanwhile, I pieced together that it was crap. (1/10).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you gave Cars a 7 out of 10! Other than the tractor tipping, I didn't think it was very notable at all. The plot was slow and predictable and the characters were uninspired. Boo!

10:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home