Thursday, July 21, 2005

Here comes the bad...

Yesterday I posted a rally call for people to be happy... naturally, things can change pretty quickly in this crazy ironic world of ours. Ever have one of those days where things just seem to snowball into being worse and worse and worse? The last 12 hours or so have been like that for me. Bad news after bad news after bad news. I hope it ends as quicky as it came, because bad news seems to be popping up everywhere. From little things, like the new weather forecast for my group's golf day tomorrow and people dropping out of my team, to much bigger things, impacting family, relationships and the future... I think it's always easier to move through tougher times and get through the bad when you have something to believe in, or something to look forward to, but what happens when that belief wavers and uncertainty settles in? And when everything you were looking forward to, suddenly disappears? And when you know there is more bad on the horizon?

On another sad note, just wanted to say my farewell to James Doohan, a great Canadian who starred for years as "Scotty" on Star Trek. I guess it was finally time for him to be beamed up.

Sorry! A little downer of a blog today... tomorrow's a new day though!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...Hey....HEY! (no that's not a fat Albert reference; just a note of surprise and caution)

Can i preach for a second? i was just beginning to get used to Jolly Jay...don't remix things just yet! Things getting worse after they get better is no accident, 'specially when belief and uncertainty settle in. (religious comment following; all who don't believe, read it anyways) i know the devil likes to
kick us down just when we've been up; he's done that to me a bunch of times. But don't let him get you off your cloud. The things that we believe are TRUTH, and FACTS to us who believe them. And if you have something to believe in, recognize that no matter what happens, it's still the truth. Straight up.

Star, i hope and pray (literally) that everything turns out up. In fact, i know everything will - i just hope and pray that you'll be able to recognize that too.

(man, i really monopolize these comments sections, don't i? We could make a book about this, with your entries and my responses.... ponder)

1:55 AM

 
Blogger j said...

Thanks brambler... I hope things things turn out well, but like in the case of many things, some of these things are partly, and others almost entirely out of my control. I will continue to believe, but it is always tough for a born-pessimist to trust completely that things will turn out for the best for all... but I am trying. Thank you for your prayers. I am definitely worried about a number of people that are very important to me these days. All I want is their happiness, and I'm not sure that the paths that they are all choosing in some cases or contemplating in others are going to lead them there... and all of these decisions affect directly or indirectly my own happiness.

I am so humbled that you take the time to comment and give your prayers while you're so far away in the middle of nowhere. Can't express how comforting that is at a time when I need it. Thank you again Mr. Bramble. You are a true wonder.

8:31 AM

 
Blogger schmassion said...

Hey Jay,
I don't know the story behind the story, but from a person who's gone through more than her fair share of shit in her days, I just wanted to send you a hug. Be strong for yourself, and for whoever needs you. You can't stop it from happening, but you can control your reaction to it. The bad stuff in life helps you realize what the good things are and they help you learn what the really important things in life are.

Cheer up, stay positive... and know that people are there on standby should you ever need them.

9:34 AM

 
Blogger j said...

Thanks for the hug!... hey, howcum i can't access your blog??!

10:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home