Rome...
Wow... you go away for a couple weeks, and BOOM... tons of work... the partner at work decided she has no sympathy for how tired I am, and has decided to load on as much schtuff as she can... even though I'm only around 'til tomorrow! (I'm off to Montreal starting Monday for two weeks to mark the UFE - the professional accounting exam, for those that didn't know what that was)... So it looks like I'll be working this long weekend (it's Thanksgiving on Monday up here in Canada)... boo...
Anyways, I'll keep my Rome blog pretty short...
Day 8-9 Vatican City, Rome!
Highlight - The Sistine Chapel was amazing... Michaelangelo was brilliant... the Colloseum was pretty remarkable too... I loved coming out of the subway stop and it being RIGHT in front of the stop. Brilliant!
Lowlight - Having to pay for an extra camera battery... that didn't work... ARGH!
Anyways, we did a big walking tour around Rome the first night we arrived, seeing the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon... loved seeing all the Roman history that night... the next morning we lined up for the Vatican, which was amazing. Sistine Chapel... St. Peter's Basilica... beautiful! A walk over the St. Angelo's, and then a subway over to the Colliseum and the Roman Forum. I thought Helen was going to kill me by then. Especially walking in high heals!
Food - More Lasagna, Penne pasta, hmmmmmmm... memories are fading... well, nothing that good... i remember drinking a lot more Fanta! Oh, and Paprika chips... those are pretty big in Europe. Oh, and Fonzies... they're like cheezies...
McDonalds... same price as Canada but in Euros... so 50% more expensive.
Next up: Florence... lost cameras... Statue of David... crappy clubbing...

1 Comments:
That is not a nice message. I think I may print and leave on CV's desk.
9:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home