Political musings... more raptor talk...
Things seemed to work out nicely yesterday, which allowed me to get out of work at a respectable time, and take a much needed nap. I’m very grateful for having a job that allows for a lot of flexibility… although dang it’s busy… hard to keep track of working on about 30 different clients right now… hopefully they will weed away soon, but from now til the beginning of Feb in particular, things will be quite insane for me. Only have time to blog because I’m waiting for my email to synchronize…
Congrats to the Conservatives, I suppose, on winning the election. It was a pretty hollow victory. They didn’t really make too many in-roads, and only won the election because of Quebec’s reaction to the Gomery scandal. The Bloc ended up with 50 seats, the majority of which were Liberal seats in the prior elections, and would have easily given the Liberals the victory. I heard one person make a great point on TV last night… if we’d elected Stephen Harper in the last election, we’d currently be at war with Iraq, and a pawn of the US. Absolutely true. It’s quite scary having him as our political leader right now. Sigh. What a terrible few years we’re in for… let’s see how much debt we can build up by the time they’re back out of here, and how many years it will take to get out of that hole?… it took a decade to fix Mulroney’s fiscal mistakes… reducing the GST is one of the worst ideas ever… do it when we’ve got the debt down to minimal levels, not when we’re going to enter a financial downturn and allow our debt to grow! BTW, one guy on the news said he’s already making T-Shirts that say “Don’t blame me – I voted Liberal”.
Anyways, was able to catch a lot of the Raptor game last night, and frankly, they looked tired and terrible. When Pape Sow is your best player on any night, you know you’re in deep trouble. How they lost by only six points, I have no idea. They were awful. I’m getting more and more tired of Leo Rautins on the mic… he must be the most annoying announcer ever… well, other than his old broadcast partner… what was his name again? The figure skating announcer guy from CTV… does baseball too? Brown hair… formed a terrible duo with Joe Carter for a while… Ugh… brain freeze, can’t remember… well anyways, he was worse… It must be unbearable to be on the Canadian National Team (Leo’s the coach)… btw Mr. B, I’ll address the building by draft comment when I have a bit more time… want to delve into that one…
On another note, I finally formally met my next door neighbour last night as we went up the elevator together… we’ve said hi to each other numerous times, but this was the first time we’ve ever talked… in over 3 years?! Really strange… the guy who lives across the hall from me moved out last week… I think there’s been at least 4 or 5 different people that have lived in that unit since I moved in… I guess I must make too much noise or something… although this last guy was movie to HK…
Ending with a quoted stat from Sportsnet… Kobe’s 81 on Sunday against the Raptors was more than the total points from Raptor starting center Rafael Araujo… FOR THE SEASON… he’s had a whopping 80 all year. hahahaha.... how sad is that??

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home