Fantasy Baseball
Well, yesterday I had my fantasy baseball draft. We have a keeper league, where we can keep ten players from our rosters from last year. Then we pick another 20 players. Yes, it's a lot, and it takes a while to complete.
Anyways, my draft turned out to be a disaster in some ways... I ended up changing my mind on who to pick with my first new pick on the day of the draft, which is always a no-no, so now I'm regretting my pick, and my draft strategy... ah well... hopefully my team will turn out to be alright...
Here's the breakdown of the draft roster:
Catcher - Mike Piazza, Yadier Molina
1B - Todd Helton, Paul Konerko
2B - Alfonso Soriano, Josh Barfield
SS - Miguel Tejada, Ian Kinsler
3B - Casey Blake, Dallas McPherson
LF - Scott Podsednik, Johnny Gomes
CF - Jim Edmonds, Corey Patterson
RF - Bobby Abreu, Jay Gibbons, Juan Rivera
SP - Roy Halliday, Mark Prior, John Patterson, Noah Lowry, Erik Bedard, Oliver Perez, Mike Mussina
RP - Mike Gonzalez, Travis Bowyer, David Weathers, Joey Devine, Ryan Wagner, Craig Hansen
The general strategy was generally to have one established guy at each position and one prospect... I ended up with a very weak 3B pair and stronger Starting Pitching then I thought I'd have. Luckily there are as many pitching categories to score on as hitting. Anyways, we'll see how things go. Hopefully I ended up with the right mix of players... but there's definitely room for improvement. I took a few gambles that I hope will really pay off. I was disappointed I didn't get one of the major prospects (Delmon Young, Jeremy Hermida, Stephen Drew), but I'm hoping that at least a few of the guys I did grab (Barfield, Kinsler, Patterson, Gomes, Perez, Bedard, Bowyer, Devine, Hansen) will turn out to be more elite players, particularly the pitchers... it's a lot harder to find really good consistent pitching...
Alright, i know no one out there reading really knows much about baseball, so I'll leave it at that!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home