Saturday, March 24, 2007

Movie Review: I Think I Love my Wife

Chris Rock as an investment banker? As a romantic quiet guy? A little miscast, but his monologues are pretty funny. He has no chemistry whatsoever with his "wife" Gina Torres (from Alias and "Goddess" from Angel) nor the girl he's sorta cheating on her with.

Interesting quote from it: "You lose a ton of money chasing women, but you never lose women when you chase money"...

Anyways, I had more fun watching Enviromo try to eat a monster tub of TCBY yogurt to be honest as this one drags quite a bit... you think it's about to end... but nope... not yet... Steve Buscemi was funny in this one... and there's a squemish Viagara scene in it too that's going to give me nightmares for a while... =P

Pass on it in the theatres... consider for a rental if you really can't find anything else or if you're a big Chris Rock fan... again there are a few good parts at least (3/10).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love TCBY!

I was thinking about this on the drive home and I realised that this moovie touched on something that was never actually verbalized. I think that's a shame because it's important. EnviroMo's definition of cheating: anything you do with a member of the opposite sex that you wouldn't do in front of your SO. And that's exactly what he was doing. Emotional intimacy is an even greater than physical intimacy, in my opinion. That message was never fully articulated in this moovie and for that I would concur with your rating.

There was one really funny bit but I forget what that was now... oh yeah, I remember now! The elevator rappers. They were funny. I was disappointed overall because I think that my inner MOnologue is just as funny as Chris Rock's and I can get mine for free. Hmph.

12:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home