Weddings cost a LOT...
Someone told me that apparently on "Rich Bride Poor Bride" a "Poor" wedding was about $10K-20K, but that a "Rich" wedding was around $40K... (sorry, can't remember who it was that told me!)... how is it that ours is already looking to be way more than that??
Anyways, more than open to suggestions on reasonably priced wedding ideas (excluding the venue, which by itself is going to be super-high)...
Thanks Jess for letting me know how much a wedding cake should cost... I was way off on that!... anyone know how to bake a wedding cake and want to save us the trouble? =) you'd have over a year to prepare it!

4 Comments:
HEy J.
We got our wedding cake at Dufflets and it was actually surprisingly inexpensive including the delivery. About $150 for a smaller 3 tier cake and given that we had 400 people it still worked out fine. Not everyone eats the wedding cake. It's cheaper to get some other desserts and have a dessert table and people enjoy it a lot more. The other option if the dessert is being served is to cut the dessert from the caterer and ask them to cut up the wedding cake for you and serve that. That way you save on the dessert portion of the caterer.
I hope that helps. Let me know if you need more suggestions. When's the big day?
Sandy
7:08 PM
Thanks Sandy... yah, I was thinking the same thing - i know i never bothered to eat the wedding cake at all the wedding i've been to... I can't see a lot of people caring at a chinese wedding either... great tip! =)
Thanks Jess too for sending me the Dufflets pricelist! =)
7:49 AM
um... dude... have you not seen my flickr site recently? haven't done a "wedding cake" yet, but how hard can it be?
10:34 AM
well during my bro's wedding my sister in law planned alot. I remember her saying: the food has to be good. So things like the invites were made by family and friends who had a creative touch. So dont skimp on the food. Too bad she says most places dont do a "trial test dinner" for the couple anymore.
Oh and I took a look at schmassion's flicker site -wow! amazing!
5:51 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home