DVD Reviews: The Condemned, Turok Son of Stone, Sweeney Todd, Beowulf
The Condemned
For a “B” movie, it’s actually not that bad… no really… Stone Cold Steve Austin’s sure can’t act, but if you just want predictable action, well this is it… throw 10 convicts onto an island and film them killing each other… not executed the best way, but still not too bad if you want something mindless… better than I expected at least, but I was expecting something horrible… and frankly it was better than a lot of the “Rock”’s movies… (3/10).
Turok: Son of Stone
Cartoon movie version of the comic book… lots of action and blood… but pretty darn boring… reminded me of a boring anime, but with Native Americans… zzzzzz… (1/10).
Sweeney Todd
Ummmm… what the heck was that? Johnny Depp and Helen Bonham Carter in a dark musical about a barber who comes back from imprisonment to exact revenge on a bunch of people who wronged him in the past… ummm… not exactly what I was expecting… a musical? Really? I’d pass on this one… geez, I gave the Condemned a higher rating… that should tell you something… (1/10).
Beowulf
This was the first entirely computer generated film I’ve seen where they tried to animate it as if it were real people… and it was overall ok… I thought it’d be hard to watch an animated movie where the characters look like the real actors… Sir Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, and Angelina Jolie are among the actors that lent their voices… but there are some really bizarre scenes, like the big fighting scene between Beowulf and Grendel, where Beowulf is inexplicably naked for the whole thing?? Anyways, I guess it’s watchable… but don’t expect toooo much… it really drags after a while too… (3/10).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home