Thursday, November 24, 2005

Crabby...

I've come to the realization of why I hate it when it snows. Simple really. I hate driving in the snow. Picking up the gf from the airport last night around midnight, the roads were horrible. The snow was streaming down, the roads were slippery... and the big one, people drive like idiots when it's snowy outside... On the way back home, I very nearly got into three different car accidents... all of them a matter of inches. Two of them were due to a couple of idiots, but the third was my own near-loss-of-control, that would have put me through a barrier on the 403. Why do people insist on driving like bigger idiots when the weather sucks than when it's nice and sunny? Anyways, bottomline, I hate driving in crappy weather.

The other day I was noting how tired I was on 3.5 hours of sleep... Today I'm operating on less than an hour (?!)... we'll see how long I can last at work today! Was restless and doing a lot of thinking last night. One of the things I was thinking about was that I'm frustrated that things I can do so well in one aspect of my life, seem to be absolutely useless in others. For example, at work, I think I'm pretty well known as a pretty darn good mentor and counsellor... someone people love to come talk to me about problems, be it career or relationship issues... and I think I'm usually pretty good at helping them out, and people tell me the same thing... in many cases, I'm the only person that can help them... But it's frustrating when you can't help people you care about that are purely in your personal life... or when they don't want your help or refuse to listen. I hate that I can't help always people when I want to.

Yipes... lots of hate today... sorry folks. oh yes, and I hate the raptors, who fell to 1-11 yesterday in yet another game they should have won...

Good luck to the UFE writers who get results tomorrow at noon!

2 Comments:

Blogger schmassion said...

cheer up! snow means that it's almost christmas and we finally get another long weekend... (ps... don't be too hard on the raptors. my leafs sucked it up big time last night too)

11:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think I'm pretty well known as a pretty darn good mentor and counsellor"...yup, this sounds accurate! i hear what you're saying, sir. It IS frustrating when your own people won't hear you. It's annoying to have to think that you "do the best that you can do, and leave the rest alone" for a friend, 'specially when they come and complain to you all the time about what they're dealing with.

But we have to figure out how to do that, while still actively loving the friend, so that they won't ignore or run from us, and might eventually turn around and change things. That patient flex works wonders. It turns ME around, that's for sure....

And i am also not a fan of snow driving - may end up doing that on Saturday when it finally snows out here. i can't complain - both Calgary and Edmonton had record high temperatures this past week, reaching 14 and 15 Celsius on some days. But we all know that in Canada, the snow is inevitable...sigh

11:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home