Fantasy Baseball
So in my 14 team 10 Keeper Trenches league we had our draft last weekend... and I got the players I wanted... I had a strong keeper group, so I was just looking to fill in some holes, and pick up some prospects that might be useful later in the season...
So here were the results (round... K = Keeper):
C - Geovany Soto (11), Bengie Molina (20)
1B - Justin Morneau (K), Adam LaRoche (13)
2B - Ian Kinsler (K)
SS - Derek Jeter (K)
3B - David Wright (K), Josh Fields (16), Chase Headley (17)
LF - Hideki Matsui (K), Moises Alou (23), Barry Bonds (29)
CF - Carlos Beltran (K), Jay Bruce (12), Colby Rasmus (18)
RF - Vladmir Guerrero (K), Xavier Nady (27)
SP - Johan Santana (K), Jamie Shield (K), Greg Maddux (21), Shawn Hill (22), Jason Bergman (24), Mark Prior (25), Kevin Slowey (26), Orlando Hernandez (28)
RP - Francisco Rodriguez (K), Trevor Hoffman (14), Chad Cordero (15), Troy Percival (19), Masa Kobayashi (30)
Potential Busts - I drafted Soto and Bruce really early, but I targeted those two as the prospects I wanted, so made sure I got them... I also waited 10 rounds before taking a starting pitcher was risk I was trying out, but still got a reliable number three pitcher, and a bunch of question marks... my pitching is definitely the worst part of my team, but pitchers come and go and at least one of these guys will pan out...
Potential Steals - I was very happy to get LaRoche, Hoffman, Cordero, Rasmus and Alou when I did... Molina and Percival I picked up only because I couldn't believe they were still available, and Molina gives me insurance in case Soto does suck... Percival around #260th overall is worth it... hard to get a closer that later that doesn't have terrible numbers... Prior was a free shot in the 25th round - if he does anything it'll be a bonus...
I purposely picked some injured guys (Prior, Alou, Hill), so I could add three guys off the free agency wire too, but they're not listed on the DL yet on Yahoo...
Overall - I think I have team that should compete so long as my pitching holds out... I'm hoping to pick up Johnny Cuerto on waivers (as long as the three guys ahead of me with priority don't take him)... My hitting should be my strength, and I should win the saves and save ops categories most weeks... my pitchers have low ERAs and WHIPs in general, so I should do well there... also, I should have more wins than losses each week... but we'll see how it goes... Our league has a 40 Innings pitched minimum per week which is new, so I'm not sure how many pithcers I will need to start each week... I should do well the weeks that Santana pitches twice, but probably struggle the other weeks... unless Shields can step it up anyways... If one of my pitchers pans out and one prospect, and particularly if Bonds plays, I should finish near the top of the pool.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home